Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Fourpoint by Sheraton Kuta

Finally I managed to stay in this hotel in December 2015.   It was a 2 nights stay.

The biggest problem with this hotel is location.   Although it is Kuta (near Pantai Kuta), it is located inside the small alley with no direct way to beach.  The taxi may have a problem to locate the hotel and the street is very narrow (and it is 2 ways),

As I have been to this hotel before, as I posted the preview from my trip in May, so I have no problem to tell the driver how to get into this hotel.


(Maps is courtesy of Google Maps)

Again as I have posted before, the lobby is actually an open concept lobby and they have big Christmas tree in the lobby.  Hey it is December :)








From the lobby, you can have a nice view if the lagoon pool.   actually the below picture was taken from the 6 floor, which where the other pool is located.   I was not aware they have another pool until the staff told me so.





Essentially they call this pool as lagoon.   The hotel has 3 pools.  Most are rooms are surrounded this lagoon, either you have lagoon access which is at the ground floor (the lobby is at 2nd floor) or lagoon view room.


 Here are the picture of the lagoon (and lagoon access room) from different angle











There is another pool behind, I think it is a kids pool.  There are few room facing it.   This is what they called pool view/access room.

Hence, you need to be careful.   I do remember the pool view/access room is cheaper than lagoon view/access room.







As SPG Platinum, I was upgraded to the Family room which is on the third floor facing the lagoon.  Here is picture taken from my room at night.



Here is the picture inside the room.   The room has a living area but there is no wall partition.   There are 2 bath room.  One with only standing shower area and is a complete bath room which come with bath tube only and the toilet and sink.











There main bath room is a see through which there is blind that you can lower down from inside.





This is the other shower area across the main bath room.



There is small area I suppose this is a vain area nearby the wardrobe.



As mentioned there is another swimming pool at the 6 floors which is a roof top and there is some lounge area nearby the pool.   The pool has pool bar also.   This is a better place if you want to get sun tan.







They have a very nice sun tan area which expose you to the Bali sun which not too bad view of the surroundings.





The breakfast served in the restaurant in the ground floor (street level) which is 1 level down from the lobby, as mentioned the lobby is on the 2nd floor.   The restaurant is facing the lagoon.   It also have outdoor section which is facing the street.






The food selection for the breakfast is not too bad although I cannot say it is fanstastic either.








And finally this is again the building form outside




In sum, I do not really like the hotel location as it is deep inside the small alley and quite difficult to walk to the beach.  Even the Beachwalk mall which look not too far, it takes 10 minutes walk inside the small alley.  Hence those SPG member who thinks to do matress run between FP Kuta and Sheraton Kuta, you have been warned that it is not easy walk especially if you have to drag your lugagage.


However, I do like the service provided by the staffs of this hotel.   I think the staffs are very attentive.  I got a surprise when I saw this towel origami in my room which a thank you note from the housekeeping staff when I leave him with a pillow money.
 





Also the the hotel is offering good rate.  I think this is the cheapest SPG property is Bali now.   I will definitely come back to this hotel.

No comments: